History of Pleasant Valley Cemetery
The Pleasant Valley Cemetery came into being because of a church located at the site. In 1885, before the Cemetery, the Presbyterian Church of Pleasant Valley was established. James E. Huston gave one acre of the one and one half acres of the land to the Pleasant Valley Presbyterian Church. His wife, JoAnne, passed away in 1887 and thus the Cemetery came to be.